عنوان مقاله [English]
1. Statement of problem: Urban boundaries and how they can be reasonably determined is neglected aspect in the Iranian urban planning system. However, in the formulation and development of municipal laws in Iran the subject of urban areas frequently been used, But the frequency and repetition criteria are added to the ineffectiveness of laws. So that, Has never been a good mechanism for determining a logical level for iranian urban bundaries. Iran urban palnning system experehence and examine the challenges faced by the witness that today, a significant part of urban development challenges in iran(urban spwral, ineffective access to utilities, land speculation, informal settlements, land use changes, etc.) directly affected by improper procedures in determining a reasonable area of urban boundares.
2. Objectives: The main objective of this study is to Extraction and modeling of selected indicators to determine the logic level of Iranian Urban Boundary (IUB) by using Fussy Dematel.
3. Research Method: But what indicators are optimum to determine urban boundary in Iran? To answer this question, after pathological examination of existing procedures and the examination of comprehensive plan approved by the Supreme Council for Planning and Architecture of iran, with using brainstorming and Delphi, been consulted with 45 experts.
4. Findings: after integrating the results, 5 factors of social, economic, physical, natural and legal, and 18 sub-factors (indicators) are identified and were modeled with Fussy Dematel technique and regarding to their nature of the causal effect .The most important findings of this study are: first the extraction of suggestive indicators for reasonable area of urban budaries, second, determine the impact and interact selected indicators anf theird, Third, the priority of this indicator as a criteria to determine a reasonable area of iranian bundares.
5. Results: Lack of transparent rules and codified in the definition and method of determining for these boundaries, On the other hand, the lack of mechanisms for management of these zones caused spontaneous expansion, scattered overlying municipal services and management costs, rising delinquencies in construction, land speculation and environmental issues in urban boundaries. The point that needs to be considered in determining the boundaries in Iranian cites is urban different geographic. Moreover the pathology of urban areas have shown that a lack of oversight and management of these areas is one of the most important challenges facing urban managers.